Full-time Employment in Waldorf, Maryland 20602
$7,500 Sign-On Bonus! Come grow with us! We are strategically growing and are now ready to add additional therapists, licensed in the state of Maryland, with positive attitudes to join our dynamic Multidisciplinary Clinical Recovery Focused Treatment Team. Excellent salary with great benefits!
"The best part about being an Addiction Therapist at RCA is that I get to be part of a new solution for patients who have only known hopelessness and despair." — Meg F., Addiction Therapist
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships. As an Addiction Therapist, you’ll help facilitate family therapy sessions, as well as individual and group sessions.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
As an Addiction Therapist, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your medical expertise will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement evidence-based techniques while making a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities. You’ll pave the way in various therapy settings, teach patients to overcome the past, and provide the skills and strategies needed to overcome addiction.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
Position Overview: The Addiction Therapist plans, directs and coordinates medically-approved programs for patients in RCA substance abuse treatment centers hospitals. Inspires and motivates RCA clients and to help them develop tools to work toward recovery using evidence-based and person-centered practices.
* Gather biopsychosocial data, including that related to clients’ mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
* Work collaboratively with clients to identify treatment goals and develop treatment plans
* Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
* Guide and support clients in the development of adaptive skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction
* Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery and targeted strategies to address them
* Provide education to families about addiction, other disorders that frequently coexist and treatment-support options for their loved one and themselves
* Provide family therapy to support the client and loved one in improving communication, boundaries, and ongoing reinforcement of recovery
* Assess other functional, behavioral and life-skill needs that may impede recovery and make referral to appropriate supports; tese may include, job placement services, educational services, intensive case management and support groups
* Work with clients to develop a comprehensive plan to guide next steps in recovery, including options for continuing care following discharge
* Facilitation of group, individual and family therapy session
* Active participation in multi-disciplinary case presentations and discussions
* Education and Experience:
*Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling preferred and licensure as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), a Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC), a Licensed Certified Social Worker Clinical (LCSW-C), a Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW), a Licensed Graduate Marriage & Family Therapist (LGMFT), a Licensed Clinical Marriage & Family Therapist (LCMFT), a Licensed Graduate Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LGADC), LCPAT, or a (Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) in the State of Maryland.
* Bachelors degree with Maryland addiction credentials and experience can be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
* One to three years of experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse settings serving culturally diverse populations
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure
* Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization
* Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts
* Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources
* Knowledge of case management for dual diagnosis patient
* Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
* Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
* Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
* Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost and quality.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Waldorf – 11100 Billingsley Road, Waldorf, Maryland 20602