Primary Therapist E
Full-time Employment in Waldorf, Maryland 20602
$7,500 Sign-On Bonus! Come grow with us! We are strategically growing and are now ready to add additional therapists, licensed in the state of Maryland, with positive attitudes to join our dynamic Multidisciplinary Clinical Recovery Focused Treatment Team. Excellent salary with great benefits!
"The best part about being an Addiction Therapist at RCA is that I get to be part of a new solution for patients who have only known hopelessness and despair." — Meg F., Addiction Therapist
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships. As an Addiction Therapist, you’ll help facilitate family therapy sessions, as well as individual and group sessions.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
As an Addiction Therapist, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your medical expertise will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement evidence-based techniques while making a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities. You’ll pave the way in various therapy settings, teach patients to overcome the past, and provide the skills and strategies needed to overcome addiction.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
- Administer your Theory of Change focusing on an in-patient recovery population
- Engage in Individual Psychotherapy
- Facilitate your own Process Group multiple times per week
- Be a decision-making member of a Multi-disciplinary Treatment Team
- Create Treatment Plans and administer Assessments
- Teach Educational Classes
- Receive internal and external CEU trainings (RCA financed)
- Become nationally Trauma Certified (RCA financed)
- Directly make a positive impact on other people’s lives
- Be treated like a Licensed Professional
- Inspire and motivate RCA clients to help them develop tools to work toward recovery using evidence-based and person-centered practices.
- Evaluate clients’ mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
- Assist clients to develop treatment goals and plans
- Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
- Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior
- Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling preferred and licensure as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), a Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC), a Licensed Certified Social Worker Clinical (LCSW-C), a Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW), a Licensed Graduate Marriage & Family Therapist (LGMFT), a Licensed Clinical Marriage & Family Therapist (LCMFT), a Licensed Clinical Professional Art Therapist (LCPAT), a Licensed Graduate Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LGADC) or a (Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) in the State of Maryland.
- Bachelors degree with Maryland addiction credentials and experience can be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by professional, supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
* Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
* Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
* Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
* Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost and quality.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Waldorf – 11100 Billingsley Road, Waldorf, Maryland 20602