Website Recoverycoa Facilities
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
N00365 – Cook Supervisor
Full-time Employment in Waldorf, Maryland 20602
Position Overview: Directly supervises food-service associates in accordance with policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Trains employees; plans, assigns and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Advises management of purchasing requirements with a focus on minimizing waste and avoiding product shortages.
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Operates and cleans equipment in accordance with department procedures after each use.
- Stores, labels and dates food items according to policy; maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Follows HACCP guidelines to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Operates food-service equipment in a safe manner and according to established policies and procedures.
- Helps serves meals; remains present during scheduled meal periods to receive customer comments and feedback.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- O.S Degree in Culinary Art, Culinary certificate or relevant work experience.
- Two years related experience and/or training in food production.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- People interaction skills.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a supervisor that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Technical Proficiency: Applies the technical knowledge and skills required in order to achieve the expected outputs.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time actively working with kitchen staff and members of the RCA Team
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to stand in one place for hours at a time, requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Waldorf – 11100 Billingsley Road, Waldorf, Maryland 20602