Human Resources Assistant Job
Full-time Employment in Waldorf, Maryland 20602
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for the comprehensive administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations. Under supervision of the HR Business Partner, the human resources assistant performs work of moderate difficulty in human resources and benefits administration. HR Assistant liaises closely with human resources department, finance and accounting department and other departments throughout the organization providing a customer focused and effective HR support service to the organization to achieve the organization goals and objectives.
- Provide general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines.
- Provides exceptional level customer service to internal/external customers.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all patient, staff and company information.
- Collaborate with all site leadership and personnel to ensure site success, personnel needs are met and employee engagement efforts are maintained.
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Manage sensitive and confidential matters like personnel relations, employee relations, and organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Completes Form I-9, verifies approved I-9 documentation, and maintains I-9 files.
- Maintains employee files and ensure that the files are up-to-date according to the Employee Credential List.
- Submits online investigation requests and tracks and assists with new employee background screenings
- Assists with employee review and employee termination processes
- Communicates policies and procedures to applicants and employees
- Data entry into HRIS for new and current employees
- Preparation and maintenance of employee files
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested
- Act as a liaison with various insurance carriers and foster effective relationships with client representatives
- Assist with credentialing, auditing, and Licenses and Inspections
- Contributes to team effort by assisting with projects as needed
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ year of office/clerical support experience
- HR knowledge and expertise
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with ADP Workforce preferred
Communication: Communicates information to individuals or groups; clearly and concisely conveys information orally or in writing. Creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others. Listen and respond to others.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, considering the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
Work Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Waldorf – 11100 Billingsley Road, Waldorf, Maryland 20602