Full-time Employment in Waldorf, Maryland 20602
Position Overview: The Facilities Manager is responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities. The position plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost and quality.
Leads and Engages Staff: Articulates a vision that inspires others. Attracts, develops and retains talent.
Site Specific Responsibilities Capital Region
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion.
- Plans budgets and schedules facility modifications, including cost estimates.
- Oversite of maintenance programs for a facility equipment, including HVAC, Life Safety, equipment, and all other facility operational items for a successful day to day operation of the facility.
- Works with safety committee and leads safety drills that are applicable to EOC
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of facility.
- Assists in the development and administration of the annual budget.
- This position supervises various contracting crews, including housekeeping, dietary, and building maintenance
- Has Knowledge of Joint commission surveys and can create a plan of corrections if needed.
- Has Knowledge and ability create Life safety drills. Such as fire, weather, and disaster.
- Able to work after hours as needed possible weekends if issues arise.
- Three to five years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field and proven Joint commission experience, two of which were holding a supervisory position directing a multifunctional maintenance staff.
- Requires computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and "can do" attitude is required.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
Work Environment: This job operates in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: there is minimal is expected of this position.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Waldorf – 11100 Billingsley Road, Waldorf, Maryland 20602