Full-time Employment in Waldorf, Maryland 20602
As Executive Director, your job is to manage to our mission of saving 1 million lives. Our patients are always at the center of everything we do. Always do the right thing for patients. Flawlessly execute to: Achieve superior patient safety and superior quality patient care. Achieve same-day admissions…24 hours a day, every day of the year. Recruit, retain, develop, manage and inspire superior talent. Ensure all employees are fully committed to and contributing to our mission and that RCA’s mission is introduced and constantly reinforced at all levels of the organization. Lead and manage the talent of your in-patient and outpatient employees from the front line (management by walking around). Be a change agent and leader who positively impacts the way superior patient care is delivered in order to improve outcomes and patient experience. Achieve superior clinical, patient and family outcomes. Achieve superior Operational Excellence. Embrace alignment with the broader RCA. Reach and save as many lives as possible. Achieve budget management success. Drive superior vendor performance. Create a culture that shatters the social stigma of addiction
- You have governing authority (legal responsibility for the management, operation and financial viability of all medical, clinical and operational aspects)
- You will work closely with your CEO, the Corporate Director of Operations and the VP Operations, King of Prussia.
- The Executive Director is responsible for hiring, developing, retaining, and inspiring superior, world-class, A+ quality talent in every leadership and individual contributor role throughout your department, who can fully meet or exceed the requirements in their job descriptions. You will support you CEO with the same for roles across the site.
- You are expected to lead from the front line by maintaining a high level of visibility, accessibility and open communication to patients, families and employees, also referred to as Management by Walking Around (MBWA). Leading from the Front Line is critical to your ability to keep your finger on the pulse of your staff, facility, and patients.
- You are responsible for achieving superior medical, clinical, patient and family outcomes throughout the total spectrum of patient care.
- Complete daily environment of care walkthroughs for both in-patient and outpatient to ensure 100% superior five-star operations and hospitality is achieved.
- Ensure an alignment and positive, effective relationships are created among your facilities, other facilities and the King of Prussia office.
- Drive a collaborative, solutions-oriented vs problems-oriented organization
- Ensure compliance and build a RCA ONE culture
- Collaborating with the Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, the Vice President of Sales and the COO-KOP to cultivate new or grow existing referral channels, such as employee assistance programs, hospitals, non-profit organizations and managed care organizations, etc.
- Collaborating with the Mission Center (call center) to ensure 100% capacity utilization at your facilities and minimize wait-lists for in-patient, so we can save as many lives as possible.
- Ensuring immediate reporting of irregular discharges (AMA, ACA, plus moves to higher levels of care) to the Mission Center to ensure optimal capacity utilization.
- Achieving 0% of patients leaving against medical advice (AMA)
- Leverage your financial acumen to set and manage your department’s expenses. Support the CEO with achieving budgeted financial objectives for both in-patient and outpatient.
- Ensure vendors are properly evaluated, selected and set up with procurement.
- Ensure vendors deliver 100% world-class service on their contracts. Take immediate corrective action if they fall below 100%.
- Ensure vendors comply with all applicable RCA policies and procedures and with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Have deep sector knowledge and experience developing leaders and managing Healthcare Facilities devoted to Behavioral health and/or Psychiatric care
- Clinical and operational leadership experience required
- Master’s Degree preferred
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Waldorf – 11100 Billingsley Road, Waldorf, Maryland 20602